Due to heavy rainfall, the following Blue Earth County Roads are closed or have lane restrictions. The public is reminded to be alert for changing conditions and to use extreme caution when traveling as road conditions can change rapidly in flood situations.
Blue Earth County Road Closures (updated Sept. 27, 2016 at 3:45 p.m.):
* No additional roads have opened today.
• County Road 1 (formerly Hwy 66) between Gywn Avenue and Indian Lake Road
• County Road 23 (south of St. Clair) )
• County Road 13 (between County Roads 30 and 32, southwest of Lake Crystal)
• County Road 189 (north of Madison Lake)
• County Road 28 (north of St. Clair)
• County Road 159 (east of Mapleton)
In addition to the road closures noted, several gravel roads have experienced erosion. Within the Blue Earth County Park System - Rapidan Campground, Wildwood Park and the Fort Le Hillier Canoe Landing have been closed.
The public is asked to avoid any unnecessary travel, especially in the St. Clair area. Public works has blocked off areas surrounding the City of St. Clair to limit the amount of traffic.
It’s important to be alert for changing conditions and to use extreme caution when traveling as road conditions can change rapidly in flood situations.
A map of Blue Earth County roads and parks is available online at; http://www.blueearthcountymn.gov/highwaymap.
Further updates and County road closure information will be posted as it becomes available on the Blue Earth County website at www.blueearthcountymn.gov.