The Blue Earth County Taxpayer Services Department reminds property owners that the first half of real estate taxes are due Mon., May 16, 2016 and that payments can be made in the following ways;
• By Mail. Payments must be postmarked on or before May 16 to avoid penalty and can be sent to PO Box 3567, Mankato, MN 56002-3567.
• In-person. Visit Taxpayer Services located on first floor of the Historic Courthouse (204 S. 5th Street) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Online. Credit cards (2.49% fee) and eChecks ($1.49 per transaction) can be made on the County’s website at www.blueearthcountymn.gov.
• Automated Payments. Sign-up for the automatic payment program at www.blueearthcountymn.gov/achform.
• Drop Box Locations. Drop boxes are located at the Blue Earth County Historic Courthouse (204 S. 5th Street, outside the fourth street entrance), Downtown Hy-Vee (410 S. Riverfront Drive, Mankato) and Cub Foods (1800 Madison Avenue, Mankato).
• Bank Locations. Tax statements can be brought to any of the following locations for bank personnel to assist with payments; Community Bank in Vernon Center, MinnStar Bank in Lake Crystal and St. Clair State Bank in St. Clair.
For more information visit www.blueearthcountymn.gov or contact Taxpayer Services at (507) 304-4251.