Blue Earth County Emergency Management reminds the public to be alert for changing conditions and to use extreme caution when traveling as road conditions can change rapidly in flood situations. Listed below are current Blue Earth County road and park information updates for road closures and openings due to the recent heavy rainfall.
Road closures include:
• Fifth Street in Madison Lake from Walnut Avenue (State Highway 60) to Lakeshore Drive
• County Road 189 (north of Madison Lake) closed between County Road 26 and 623rd Avenue
• County Road 159 (east of Mapleton) closed between County Road 158 and 608th Avenue
Roads now open:
• County Road 27 (south of Eagle Lake) between County Road 28 and 211th Street
• County Road 27 (one lane restriction is now removed and fully open north of Eagle Lake)
• County Road 158 north of Hwy 22 to County Road 57 (near Minnesota Lake)
• County Road 44 (near Madison Lake) south of 227th Street to State Highway 60
• County Road 166 (near Good Thunder) closed between 137th Street and 143rd Lane
• County Road 136 between County Road 137 and County Road 10 (western Blue Earth County)
• County Road 157 closed south of Hwy 22 (near Minnesota Lake)
The Rapidan Dam Campground and Wildwood County Park near St. Clair have also been temporarily closed due to flooding.
Further updates and County road closure information will be posted as it becomes available.