Due to heavy rainfall, the following Blue Earth County Roads are closed, will be closing or have lane restrictions. Blue Earth County Emergency Management reminds the public to be alert for changing conditions and to use extreme caution when traveling as road conditions can change rapidly in flood situations.
Road closures include:
• County Road 44 (near Madison Lake) south of 227th Street to State Highway 60
• Fifth Street in Madison Lake from Walnut Avenue (State Highway 60) to Lakeshore Drive
• County Road 189 (north of Madison Lake) closed between County Road 26 and 623rd Avenue
• County Road 166 (near Good Thunder) closed between 137th Street and 143rd Lane
• County Road 159 (east of Mapleton) closed between County Road 158 and 608th Avenue
• County Road 157 closed south of Hwy 22
• County Road 158 closed north of Hwy 22 to County Road 57
Lane restrictions include:
• County Road 27 (one lane is open) between County Road 26 and 220th Lane
Roads now open:
• County Road 27 (south of Eagle Lake) between County Road 28 and 211th Street
The Rapidan Dam Campground and Wildwood County Park near St. Clair have also been temporarily closed due to flooding.
Further updates and County road closure information will be posted as it becomes available on the Blue Earth County website at www.blueearthcountymn.gov.