Interested applicants must attend an orientation at which time they will be given a packet of information and forms to complete. To learn more about becoming an licensed adult foster care provider or inquire about the next orientation, please contact Jackie Bobholz 507-304-4191 or County Staff
Licensing assures residents in adult foster care that they will receive care and housing that meet Minnesota Adult Foster Care program standards.
Blue Earth County Adult Foster Care staff works closely with providers to match residents in need of a foster home with providers. Providers make the final decision about whom they accept. However, there is no guarantee that a resident will be placed in a provider's home.
Caring adults over age 18, single or married, employed or at home, who live in Blue Earth County, may apply for an adult foster care license if they meet these requirements:
- Review information about adult foster care licensure
- Complete an application form
- Pass a criminal background check
- Provide personal references
- Submit a physician's report
- Rent or own an apartment or home
- Pass Minnesota Home Fire Inspection (which has a fee of $50). Blue Earth County staff will help you prepare an inspection request. Visit the State Fire Marshal web site for more information.
- Meet Adult Foster Care Program home safety requirements
- Attend licensing orientation and placement training provided by the agency
- Complete 12 hours of annual training the first five years and six hours of training annually thereafter.