The Blue Earth County Medicine Collection Program began in December, 2011. Since its inception, 10,415.9 pounds of medicine have been collected for proper disposal to protect human health and the environment. In just calendar year 2018, 897.6 pounds of medicine have been properly destroyed.
A permanent collection box is located in the lobby of the Sheriff’s Department at the Blue Earth County Justice Center
(401 Carver Road, Mankato, MN).
8:00 am - 5:00 pm - Monday - Friday
There are also collection boxes at the following locations:
- Mankato Public Safety Center Lobby, 710 South Front Street, Mankato (24-Hour Access)
- Prescription Medications
- Over-the-counter Medications
- Narcotics and Other Controlled Substances
- Medication Samples
- Pet Medications
- Vitamins & Supplements
- Liquid Medication in Glass or Leak-proof Containers (please put in an additional plastic bag)
- Medicated Ointments and Lotions
- Street Drugs