Tips On Getting a Passport
Avoid a passport application hassle by following these tips:
- Apply months in advance. December through March is the busiest time of year, so plan ahead.
- Find out what identification is required ahead of time.
- Download the passport application form or pick one up in the Property and Environmental Resources Department (located on the 2nd floor of the Government Center) in advance. The form questions may require a bit of research.
- Choose an application center, such as Blue Earth County Property and Environmental Resources, that takes passport photos.
- Expedited passport service is available. For more information, call Property and Environmental Resources at (507) 304-4251.
- Hang on to your expired passport. In order to renew it, you must submit your most recent passport.
- Visit the U.S. Department of State website for more passport information.