Passport Amendments

Amendments, New Passport

You must complete a DS-5504 form (for passport validity of one year or less):
  • To extend the validity of your passport (replace a limited validity passport)
  • Whenever a name change has occurred since your passport was printed (if within one year of issuance)
  • To correct any error that was printed incorrectly on your passport
If your name has changed as the result of marriage, divorce, or court order, you will need:
  • To use a DS-82 form (for passport validity of one year or more)
  • Certified documentation of your name change (e.g., marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order with your new name) and
  • Your current valid passport
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the passport application.