Tax Clearance Letter

Transferring a Title for a Manufactured Home

Minnesota state law requires the County Auditor to certify that property taxes are paid and up-to-date for the current year and any delinquent years for the current owner before the title for a manufactured home can be transferred to a new owner. The Property and Environmental Resources Department completes these letters for property owners in Blue Earth County.

If you are the current owner of a manufactured home and are looking to transfer title, follow these steps:
  • Ensure taxes are paid in full for the current year and that there are no delinquent taxes in your name for that home. Click here to learn more about the property tax information system and see if taxes are owed.
  • Request a tax clearance letter stating the taxes in your name are paid.
  • Take that letter, your title, and any required lien releases, to any Motor Vehicles Office in the state to actually transfer the title. Blue Earth County has a motor vehicle office.
Additional information is available from the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.

Note for Manufactured Home Park Owners

A manufactured home, which is sold by the owner of a manufactured home park or a home that is being purchased by a park owner who will be destroying the home, may not need to comply with these requirements.

How Do I Request a Tax Clearance Letter?

Complete the following form to begin the request for a tax clearance letter. A Taxpayer Service specialist will respond to your request as soon as possible.

You may also request a tax clearance letter in person at the Government Center. We are available weekdays, except for holidays, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

For More Information

If you have questions regarding a tax clearance letter, please contact (507) 304-4251 or you may send an email.