The Blue Earth County Taxpayer Services Department reminds property owners that the second half of real estate taxes is due, Mon., Oct. 16, 2017. Property owners with land classified as agricultural or manufactured home owners have until November 15, 2017 to pay their second half taxes. Please make sure to check statements for the appropriate due date.
The Taxpayer Services office is located in the Historic Courthouse, 204 S. Fifth Street, Mankato. There will be penalty if full payment is not received on or before the due date, or for mailed payments that are postmarked after the due date.
Payments can be made in the following ways;
· By Mail. Payments must be postmarked on or before Oct 16 to avoid penalty and can be sent to PO Box 3567, Mankato, MN 56002-3567.
· In-person. Visit Taxpayer Services located on first floor of the Historic Courthouse (204 S. 5th Street) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
· Online. Credit card (2.49% fee) and eCheck ($1.49 per transaction) payments can be made on the County’s website at www.blueearthcountymn.gov.
· Automated Payments. Sign-up for the automatic payment program at www.blueearthcountymn.gov/automaticpayment.
· Drop Box Locations. Drop boxes are located at the Blue Earth County Historic Courthouse (204 S 5th Street, near the lower level entrance on the Fourth Street side of the building), Downtown Hy-Vee (410 S. Riverfront Drive, Mankato) and Cub Foods (1800 Madison Avenue, Mankato).
· Bank Locations. Tax statements can be brought to any of the following bank locations to make current year payments: Community Bank in Vernon Center, MinnStar Bank in Lake Crystal and St. Clair State Bank in St. Clair.