** Due to building construction at Blue Earth County, Community Corrections will not be accepting new interns until January 2020. If you have questions, please contact Jill Kroc at the link provided below.
If you are interested in applying for the Probation Internship Program, please complete the online Blue Earth County Probation Department Intern Application.
Probation Internship Program
- Open to upper-level undergraduate students
- 1 Semester (10 credits), negotiable and flexible - 450 hours minimum
- Internship is unpaid
Blue Earth County Community Corrections supervises juvenile and adult misdemeanor, gross misdemeanor, and felony level offenders on diversion, probation, and parole. As an intern you will have an individualized learning experience that will contribute to your education and future development. You will have an opportunity for hands-on learning of how the criminal justice system works, specifically related to the area of adult and juvenile probation or probation and parole.
Under the supervision of a probation officer, you will meet with assigned offenders and complete required investigative and progress reports. Interns will assess offenders risk levels, provide referral services and monitor compliance to court ordered conditions. You will have an opportunity to observe other programs and services within the department.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, in a program which offers course credit for internships.
- Applicants should have completed introductory course work in criminal justice, criminology, corrections, psychology, sociology, social work or related field.
- Applicants must clear a criminal record and Minnesota Department of Child and Family check.
Probation Internship Calendar
|Applications Accepted||Interviews||Semester Starts|
For More Information
If you have any questions on upcoming volunteer opportunities, please contact Jill Kroc.